Studying in Hong Kong is one of the greatest things every student will ever wish for. Hong Kong is one of the most developed cities in China. Thus, the institutions in the city of Hong Kong are those with esteemed standards.
Hence, in a bid to support intelligent students who have aspirations to continue their education in the city, several scholarship opportunities are made available in the universities therein to assist the students.
Are you a student seeking an opportunity to undertake a postgraduate or Ph.D. program in the city of Hong Kong? If yes, then this post contains Hong Kong Postgraduate scholarships that will best suit you.
Thus carefully read through, this post to get this scholarship opportunity while you still can.
This Hong Kong postgraduate scholarship is open to the students to undertake any research course of their choice in the selected institutions for the scholarship program.
The major scholarship scheme for postgraduate and Ph.D. students in Hong Kong is being coordinated by the research grants council in Hong kong. Thus, the major scholarship opportunity in Hong Kong for postgraduate students in Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS).
Why Scholarship in Hong Kong?
Studying and living in Hong Kong is really worth the try considering the level of education and development in the city. Also, Universities in Hong Kong have a way of strengthening the minds of students as they are disciplined in the courses offered in the schools. Thus, also know that Hong Kong is a free and creative society where great entrepreneurial skills converge
Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS):
As earlier said this is the most credible Hong Kong postgraduate scholarship scheme in the city of HonK kong. This scholarship scheme was established in 2009 so as to draw the attention of brilliant students around the world to undertake a research program in Hong Kong. In other words, it helps to promote research works in the city. This Hong Kong postgraduate scholarship scheme is coordinated by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC). The HKPFS is available to students intending to undertake a Ph.D. program in any of the University’s grants council institutions. This scholarship is open for especially international students. Several institutions are available for students to choose from. Thus, these institutions all lie within the city and they are;
- Lingnan University
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
This Hong Kong Postgraduate Scholarship scheme is a fully-funded scholarship program as it is manned by the government. Thus, the scholarship program awards the winners the following;
- The full tuition of the scholars is covered during their whole research program.
- The program also provides scholars with a stipend to cover living expenses every year during their research study. The stipend is worth approximately US $ 39,700 (HK$ 309,600)
- The award also covers for travel allowances of the winners every year through the research program worth US$ 1,700 (HK$12,900)
Number of Awardees:
The HKPFS awards up to 250 students this opportunity to study in Hong Kong every year.
To apply for the HKPFS program you have to be an international student. That is a student who is not from China but any other nationality.
To be able to apply for this scholarship program, one has to meet the criteria below;
- The student must be applying for a fulltime Ph.D. program at any of the eligible institutions for the scholarship program.
- The student must have shown great academic performance in his/her previous academic experiences.
- Intending applicants must possess a good sense of communication, leadership and research potentials.
- The student must also meet the countries eligibility criteria.
- Must comply with the admission requirements of their respective school choice for the study program.
How to Apply:
To apply for this scholarship program, you are to follow the enlisted instructions below carefully;
- The candidates are to make their first move by applying through the scholarship online portal, thus to obtain a reference number. This reference number is generated through the HKPFS electronic system.
- During this process, applicants may choose their respective school choice and course of study.
- After then the applicants are to submit their initial application to the Research Grants Council (RGC)
- Then submit an application to the chosen university of their choice for consideration.
The application deadline for this scholarship program is usually December every year.
For more information and application guidelines consigning this scholarship program, kindly visit the HKPFS official web portal.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Am I eligible for the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship?
You are eligible for the HKPFS scheme if you meet the eligibility criteria above and applying to any of the institution selected for the fellowship program
What is Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme?
Hong Kong Fellowship Scheme was established in 2009 so as to draw the attention of brilliant students around the world to undertake a research program in Hong Kong. Hong Kong postgraduate scholarship scheme is coordinated by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC).
What is an initial application for Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme?
This is the first step the applicants are required to do during the application process for this scholarship program by generating their reference numbers.
Do I need to pay any fees for making an application under HKPFS?
Absolutely no charge is required from anybody to apply for this scholarship scheme. Thus, avoid being duped by any person. The scholarship application is absolutely free for all eligible students.
In conclusion, Hong Kong is a very nice place to undertake a postgraduate program. Therefore, even considering the fact that they have the international students at heart to create such an opportunity of a fully-funded program for the students. Thus, embrace this opportunity and still if this scholarship program does not suit you, you can subscribe to our site for more scholarship updates
- 13 Best Business Schools in Canada | 2020
- Canadian Student Visa: Step by Step Procedures|2020
- Cost of Studying in Canada for International Students in 2020
- Study in Canada without IELTS, GMAT, and Other like Exams
- 15 Cheapest Colleges for International Students in Canada | 2020
- Top 52 World Universities with the Highest Acceptance Rates in 2020
- Top 10 Music Schools in the World 2020-2021
- Full List of Trades for Females in 2020 [UPDATED]
Note: Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible